FrameMaker is far better suited than Word to the creation of workflow-driven templates. Of course, you can benefit from our experience with these templates too. That’s because we don’t just focus on the number of mouse clicks but on efficient handling as well.
To develop our FrameMaker templates, we use the unique itl Template Tool, which is not available anywhere else in the world. It helps us simplify both template documentation and template control, which in our experience, can save days or even weeks of effort when working on complex template projects.
itl can support you with custom developments and out-of-the-box FrameScript solutions. When developing custom templates, we use FrameScript or ExtendScript to program customized scripts.
Our out-of-the-box FrameScript solutions (some of which are free) are available from our [i]-frame portal.
You can find more information on our scripts in our blog articles “Free scripts from itl”, “[i]-frame in a nutshell” and “Optimizing FrameMaker”.
FrameMaker templates from itl offer the following benefits:
- Implementation of your CI guidelines in workflow-driven, translation-friendly documents
- Templates including compact template documentation
- Sample books with standard chapters/sections on request
- Clearly structured and documented templates
- Master and reference pages
- Samples for warnings
- Paragraph, character, and table formats
- Smart numbering sequences
- Index sorting for foreign languages