When we create, localize, or reprocess your content, we focus on three simple criteria. Quality, time, and cost. Nothing too complicated. When you place a project with us, you map it to a point in a triangle based on these constraints. The location may vary, depending on which of these criteria is more important in each particular case. That’s perfectly OK. We can adjust the criteria together flexibly, based on your needs. But there’s one thing we won’t compromise on: when it comes to providing expert advice to our customers and driving your projects, at itl we value the personal touch.
Using professional vocabulary allows experts to communicate easily and quickly with one another. After all, they don’t need any extra explanations. Another bonus of using technical jargon is that it’s easy for specialists to recognize each other. That makes everyone feel much more comfortable. The interesting thing is that the credibility of the entire communication rests on the use of the right jargon. Yet even with a professional vocabulary, there are fine nuances so that terminology can differ from company to company. That’s why it’s not enough to just click send and hope for the best when translating a specialist text.
“Write like you speak.” We can probably all be thankful that Konrad Duden’s didactic principle from the year 1903 no longer holds true. There is – usually – a considerable difference between written and spoken language. That’s what makes creating voice-overs for e-learning courses, promotional films, and videos so tricky. And that’s also when you should call the professionals. Especially if you need voice-overs or subtitles in multiple languages to make your content understood and drive sales in over 30 international markets. These days, it (almost) doesn’t matter if you use a computer generated voice or a voice actor. So why not give it a try?
We provide translations and voice-overs in any language or format for your projects and specialization. And depending on how much time and money you’d like to invest, you’re sure to find a solution that works for you among the many options we have to offer.
- Management of your projects by a dedicated project lead
- End-to-end management of your multimedia projects, from content creation, to translation by a native speaker, to handover of the completed media deliverables with voice-overs
- Superb efficiency – the one-stop shop for all your projects
- Professional results on time and in budget
- Tailored selection of voice actors
- One-stop shop for multilingual audio and video projects in any language or format. Sample projects:
- E-learning programs
- Interactive tutorials (computer-based training, web-based training)
- Videos for industry
- Promotional films
- All techniques and formats supported
- Voice-overs, subtitles
- On-screen text
- Timed, untimed – off-screen narration
- mp3/mp4, WAV, etc.
- Automated, quality-controlled audio transcriptions
- Studio voice-overs by native speakers
- AI-driven text-to-speech applications
- Brand voice
Find out all you need to know about machine translation and post-editing here:
The possibilities when it comes to marketing content and copywriting are many and vast, from slogans that hit the mark, to catchphrases with a play on words, to pre-sales content aimed at a technical audience. There’s something for everyone. Often, it simply isn’t possible to just “translate” marketing content. It has to be recreated from scratch. “Transcreation” is the technical term for this fusion of translation and creation. A transcreator must have a gift for creative language and be familiar with the cultural context in order to compose convincing marketing content that goes beyond just the bare facts. Content of this kind must stir the emotions of your customers rather than just making them think. That’s because purchases tend to be gut decisions rather than logical ones.
We provide professional and creative marketing copy by skilled, specialist translators who are experts in transcreation. And we help you choose the right translator for your specialist area – for every country and for every language.
- Creation of style guides for each locale
- Copy editing
- Corporate terminology
- Specialist translators with marketing experience
- Direct communication between your in-country staff and the translator
- Custom workflows for more natural, creative translations rather than standardized, tool-driven localization
- Wording that suits your company
- Outstanding language quality
- Consistent use of terminology
We’ve all seen them, and we don’t like them – and that’s putting it politely. We’re talking about contracts. With some contracts, if you increased the font size to ten for legibility, you could print them and use them as doorstoppers. Online contracts solved a lot of problems in this respect. No one bothers to read them. It’s as simple as that. Not for a business though. And certainly not for export-driven companies. They have the added challenge of providing all this convoluted information in the local language of all the countries in which they do business.
We’re happy to translate your contracts and legal texts into any language using your corporate wording. Professional translators who specialize in legal texts and are native speakers translate, review, and revise your content, also providing a certified version if required.
- Consistent use of corporate terminology
- Translation of legal texts by professionals who truly understand your localization requirements
- Translation of legal texts into any language by specialist translators
- Certified translations and apostilles
Hardly any industrial products are launched these days without a software UI. That’s why localization of UIs for international users is now standard practice for language service providers. Often, the software UI and the documentation for a product are not created by the same team or at the same time. That can already lead to discrepancies in the source language, making it all the more important to have clearly defined workflows for translating all of your content. The last thing you need out there are users who are confused because the instructions don’t match the software.
We can help you configure the right software localization workflows and build suitable reference material for a technically correct and consistent UI. And that’s not all – our experts can also help you choose the right options for sharing data as well as the most efficient tools.
- Localization of software UIs in all languages to match your existing technical documentation
- Consulting services to help you establish the ideal workflow
- Consulting services to help you choose your tools and build an integrated system
According to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, the documentation of a product is an essential part of the product just like every screw, every fixture, and every electronic component. There’s only one difference, but it’s crucial. A screw can be exported internationally straight from production. This isn’t the case with instructions – they have to be translated first. However, because it is part of the product, technical documentation must also meet market requirements. With innovative technology such as machine translation solutions and digital ecosystems, you can accelerate the time to market and increase cost-efficiency in your translation workflows.
At itl, we have decades of experience in the technical translation business. Our professional translators across the globe are your experts for all specializations. And our in-house localization specialists provide you with tailored support, ensuring streamlined workflows and exceptional quality.
- itl as your partner with decades of experience in delivering product content
- In-house Localization Engineering team
- Experts in translation infrastructure
- Specialists in developing workflows to prepare files for translation and delivery
- In-house Technical Documentation team
- Professionals in content creation
- An extra pair of hands when you need it
- In-house Software Development team
- A direct point of contact for your system managers
- Implementation of tailored system solutions
- Professional translators across the globe for all specializations
- Personal advice for your projects and a single point of contact
- Innovative technical solutions that optimize your workflows and accelerate time to market
- Machine translation and post-editing
- Integration of content management and translation systems
You’ve hired brand consultants, advertising agencies, and other specialists to craft your corporate wording. That’s great. You’ve just taken the first important step towards corporate terminology. Now “all” that’s left to do is to establish these terms and sentences with your staff members and stakeholders, and in the target markets. Standard names for products and components and consistent use of boilerplate texts in every language – that’s the icing on the cake for your brand identity. To make this happen, you need sophisticated workflows, clear communication, and the right software and system solutions that are simple, straightforward, and accessible.
If you want professional terminology management, we’re here to help. With itl at your side, you can build the perfect solution for your needs. And with our [i]-match platform, you can clearly visualize the potential of corporate terminology for your company.
- Consulting services and implementation of corporate terminology management
- Consulting services to help you review and remodel your terminology workflows
- Strong international brand identity thanks to consistent terminology
- Lower translation costs thanks to
- Fewer queries
- Fewer misunderstandings
- Less potential for errors
- Clean translation memory databases with a high level of reusability
- Optimized data pool for training machine translation engines
- Greater quality
- Satisfied customers thanks to clear content
Is your website lost in cyberspace? Get the clicks your products deserve: with great content and SEO. Content that works in Germany may not necessarily work in the US. And a strong SEO keyword that attracts potential customers in France is less likely to impress in China if it’s translated literally. That’s where care and creativity come in. Thankfully, we can rely on technology to handle the data. Tedious copying and pasting or zipping and sending countless files is now a thing of the past.
At itl, we can localize your websites and online stores in any language, leveraging advanced translation technologies wherever possible. Our marketing and SEO experts are happy to support your regional offices in creating Google-friendly content to suit your target audience.
- Personal advice for your projects and a dedicated project lead
- A professional web presence in any language
- Targeting of international customers
- Rapid time to market by using connectors to exchange data
- Sustainable workflows
- Integration of website systems in the translation infrastructure
- Clear feedback loops
- Localization of websites and online stores for all languages, regions, and specializations
- Use of the latest translation management tooling
- Implementation of localization technologies
- Specialist translators with marketing expertise
- Direct contact between customers and translators
- Experts in SEO (search engine optimization) and SEA (search engine advertising)
- Specialists in web technologies and software development
- Technical support
- Streamlined project management
At itl, translation management depends on language and technology working hand in hand. If technology loses the run of itself in a fully automated AI-driven workflow, text fragments can pop up randomly in translations without any context. And the user has no idea what’s going on anymore. But even the best translation is no use if it isn’t ready on time or if the costs of producing it outweigh the benefits. When combined, the technological possibilities that also go along with digitalization in language management are a fantastic opportunity to meet the needs of a global market.
Like a virtual hub, our translation project management system connects all relevant tools and users for a secure and seamless workflow that can be fully or partially automated. The system components under the hood are selected because they offer forward-looking technology, and are an integral part of [itl]-DES, the digital ecosystem from itl. With this system platform, custom connectors can be used to build an information superhighway for fully automated localization workflows. Experience has shown us that our connector solutions often provide the missing link that finally enables large system solutions to be properly leveraged for the translation workflow.
With itl, you can benefit from a reliable and secure management system that we can use to seamlessly connect your CMS with our systems to create a cohesive unit. This enhanced content supply chain accelerates your workflows and elevates the quality of your localization projects.
- Consulting services and implementation of integrated content supply chain solutions
- Customer systems and itl systems are seamlessly linked thanks to custom-fit connectors
- Fully or partially automated workflows eliminate errors resulting from manual intervention
- The flow of data between customer systems and itl systems is faster and more secure
Imagine if all you needed for managing your translation projects was a single, free platform? Now you can have exactly that – plus a compact overview with just one click, not 20. You can’t beat convenience. You can request, review, and approve or reject quotes, track the status of all your projects, and view statistics, all in one place. Of course, we know that nothing can replace personal advice for your projects or a direct line to our experts if you need answers fast or want to discuss different solutions. And so that they have plenty of time to support you, we use automated and secure data flows directly into the translation management system to help eliminate unnecessary time sinks.
With [i]-gate, our customers benefit from a tailored management platform for all their translation projects. Access can be configured individually for each member of staff based on their permissions.
- Easy, transparent project management
- Transparency for management reporting
- The latest project status at the click of a button
- Standardized tasks for everybody in the workflow
- Seamless handling of even the most complex projects
- No information is lost
- Fewer queries and oversights thanks to dialog sequences
- Free account configuration with access and editing permissions
- Free test accounts during the LSP evaluation phase
- Free use for an unlimited number of users
- Customized adaptations by our itl software developers
- Complete customized solutions for internal use as a standalone software product
Contact us today! You can request a free quote at any time.
... for streamlined integration of localization in the content supply chain of your products.
A content review platform that allows your in-country staff to review translations is a great idea. All changes are added directly to the translated file without any slow, awkward, or error-prone manual copying. But what if your colleagues don’t want to part with their much-loved PDFs and post-its because the review platform only shows text without the layout? Then you need a content review platform that displays the content in context (WYSIWYG), supports all file formats, and even shows approved technical terminology.
translate5 is the perfect platform for reviewing our translations. As well as streamlining and accelerating the review workflow, it reduces the potential for errors resulting from copying & pasting text or editing the wrong version, for example.
- Almost all file formats can be processed
- No knowledge of translation management systems required
- Elimination of the potential for errors as a result of manual handling and transfer
- All changes are imported back into the translation memory system
- Visual review: the translation is always shown in context in the layout preview
- Local language terminology is included and highlighted in every project
- Content that has already been reviewed can be locked to prevent editing
- Repeated sentences can be handled using a batch function
- Comprehensive comment function for notes and queries
- Free use of translate5 for itl customers – across your company and in all target markets
- Unlimited number of users
- Online user training in multiple languages
- User guides
- Helpdesk for any questions or problems
- Management of the entire content review workflow by experienced itl project leads
- Additional services such as:
- Final review of revisions by specialist translators
- Compilation of terminology changes based on corrections
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest news on technical documentation, translation, software, and training.
The perfect home for your corporate wording in any language. That’s [i]-match. Finally, a permanent address for your corporate language. And everyone is welcome. Using a single system that can be implemented throughout the company to manage your multilingual content is a real value driver – for terms, brand names, and entire sentences too. Not only that: it also emphasizes the significant value of your corporate wording, which is hugely important for acceptance among staff members. Using [i]-match, teams can focus on optimizing and updating their content and terminology instead of wondering which of the many Excel spreadsheets on their computer is the right one. Discuss, track, delegate – all in one system: transparent, and always up to date.
[i]-match, the language management platform from itl, gives you a bird’s-eye view of your company’s language content, from terms, to sentences, to style guides. You can organize and validate your terms so that they can be written consistently and checked throughout the company.
- Consistent terminology throughout your company
- Consistent content and outstanding quality
- Single content source for technical documentation
- Elimination of unnecessary queries, complaints, and claims resulting from inconsistent terminology
- Clean database for machine translation training and other AI-driven workflows
- Consulting services, system configuration, hosting of the [i]-match language management platform
- Terminology as a service to manage your content in [i]-match
- Regular software updates
Daily business in the office usually involves two kinds of tasks. The first is creative work that requires imagination, and for us to listen and pay attention to the needs of our colleagues and customers. And then there are tedious routine jobs: unzipping email attachments, sorting hundreds of xml files or setting up translation projects for 30 languages by hand. We all only have two hands after all. But at itl we do have smart connectors, in other words software that automates everything in the blink of an eye. Leaving us plenty of time to think, create, and experiment.
We use custom connectors that are integrated between the content systems of our customers and our IT infrastructure. They automate the flow of data in both directions, accelerating the translation workflow.
- In-house itl software developers for automation technology and a lot more besides
- Automated data transfer including the required metadata
- Elimination of the potential for errors in the case of routine manual tasks
- Connectors as the foundation for partially or fully automated translation workflows
- Our itl experts can concentrate on what they do best: providing creative advice to our customers and driving your projects.
With APIs and connectors from itl Intelligent Solutions, data can be exchanged seamlessly between different systems.
The question is no longer if, but when machine translation should be used to localize business content. Not every text is suitable for machine translation. But every company has content that is. Which MT engine should be used depends on the quality you would like and how far the time required for post-processing should be reduced. In order to choose wisely between a generic machine translation engine or one that can be trained, it makes sense to run a pilot project. This is a great way to find out in practice whether the workload is reduced for specialist translators during post-editing and to what extent.
We can help you choose the right machine translation engines for your needs. Based on pilot projects and our MT-FAKTOR® calculation, we can make reliable predictions regarding the financial return you can expect with different systems.
- Personal advice for your projects from our team of localization engineers and localization specialists
- Setup of pilot projects to evaluate suitable machine translation engines
- Quality-driven assessment of the financial returns using the itl MT-FAKTOR® calculation
- Selection of the right machine translation engine based on pilot testing
- Machine translation to save you time and money during revision
- Easy and inexpensive onboarding in the world of machine translation
- Custom workflows to suit project requirements
- Available content in translation memory databases continues to be used and is supplemented with quality-controlled MT output
You can’t go wrong with a translation memory system. It really is a win-win situation. You save time and money in the conventional way by storing all translated segments in a database for reuse. Who would have thought though that these data collections, built up over many years, would one day contain buried treasure? Big Data is the name of the game. Now you can leverage your legacy data and use it as the foundation for AI and algorithm-driven machine translation. You can train your machine translation engines with your translation memory data and translate new content using these engines which is then post-edited by specialist translators. All while continuing to expand your translation memories with MT output. That’s the workflow of the future.
We can help you find the right translation memory system (TMS) for your needs and set it up for you using your existing content and terminology. We are also happy to help you maintain the system or to maintain it for you ourselves.
- Consistent language, terminology, and wording through reuse
- Fully leverage the potential for optimizing the content of your databases
- Free hosting of your translation memory databases at itl
- Cutting-edge localization engineering from our TMS experts
- Consulting services to help you choose the right TMS
- TMS hosting and maintenance for our customers
- Technical support from our in-house Localization Engineering team
- Professional deployment of production tools
- Automated cleanup of translation memories
- For lean and updated databases
- For use as training material for machine translation engines
Services are what make the difference in streamlined translation management. They give the work of a language service provider real added value. Our project leads, specialists, and consultants work all day, every day, using their unique expertise to optimize the content production and workflows of our customers. They know where technology can be leveraged to improve, simplify, or accelerate – and where even a tiny program can have a vast impact on productivity and time to market. Obviously, it’s up to the customer to decide whether or how something should be improved. But it’s important to know what the options are. After that, the choice is yours.
“But I thought you were taking care of it.” That’s how misunderstandings often end up getting resolved when workflows and responsibilities are not clearly defined. And it’s usually far too late when this happens. That’s when work starts to fall through the cracks. Good translations need teamwork. And so that work is properly distributed, it is essential that you have a clear description of all fundamental issues. There should be no room for interpretation. From the size of the budget, to the technology to be used and the project schedule, right through to the list of task owners, their responsibilities, and their contact information. The more detailed a workflow is, the smoother it will run.
At itl, our specialists are behind you right from the start of your project, leveraging decades of experience to find the most suitable and effective strategy for creating, localizing, managing, and distributing your content. There’s no better way to integrate localization in the content supply chain of your products.
- Seamless workflows for exceptional quality and a short time to market for content and products
- Streamlined project management and workflows to save you time and money
- Consulting services for any questions on translation management workflows and any prior or subsequent steps that might be required
- Support with evaluation and rollout of translation and terminology systems
- Implementation of effective quality assurance
- Consulting services on how content management systems and translation workflows interact and overlap
- Guidance on creating translation friendly content
Sometimes translations just have to be fast. There’s no time to lose, the international product launch has already been announced. The regional offices are waiting impatiently. So, the translators are just going to have to get a move on. Really? Well, speed at the expense of accuracy isn’t our thing. If you really do need to get cracking, there are other options, such as machine translation with post-editing – but quality should always come first. Otherwise, your business and ours would only suffer. Our customers expect their projects to be handled with the greatest of care for outstanding results. So do yours. When a product is poor, who thinks: “Well at least it didn’t take long.”? Certainly not the customer.
We work in accordance with quality management workflows based on ISO 9001:2015. Our translation services are certified in accordance with ISO 17100:2016 and 18587:2018. At itl, quality assurance begins far in advance of translation and does not end until customer feedback has been implemented.
- Selection of resources in accordance with ISO 17100
- Qualification of translators, reviewers, project managers, etc.
- Translations in accordance with ISO 17100
- Post-editing in accordance with ISO 18587
- itl quality benchmarks above and beyond what’s defined in the standards
- Key translators (native speakers) for every customer
- Quality control workflows and quality matrices tailored to the specific needs of each customer
- Collaboration with itl’s in-house Localization Engineering team for custom file preparation
- Technology where required to bridge the gap between error-prone manual processes
- Reliable translation quality of a consistently high standard
- Advice from our itl experts on the ideal workflow for your project
- The perfect combination of personal advice for your projects and technology-driven workflows
The worst thing about problems is not that they exist. The real challenge is when they can’t be solved. Sometimes you only realize when you are analyzing a problem just how much of a hindrance it is. For example, it doesn’t really make a lot of sense if text from your content management system has to be exported to Excel before it can be provided to your translator. With the right interface, you can transfer the data more quickly and with fewer errors. Automation can also save the day if you have projects where your voice actor is not available, but you have two sentences that need to be recorded again. Using AI, your brand voice can simply be generated synthetically, and the problem is solved. Automation is a great tool, and not just to clean things up. Of course, you don’t really need to know that. You just need to know that there’s a solution.
We have a range of automation solutions to solve your content management problems. As well as connectors that connect systems, [itl]-DES, the digital ecosystem from itl, includes AI-driven text-to-speech solutions – and that’s just the start.
- Lean translation workflows
- Lower translation costs
- Innovative solutions for your localization tasks
- Rapid time to market
- Software solutions tailored to the specific requirements of your company
- Workflow automation regardless of volume
- Custom solutions for optimizing interfaces
- Reduced data handling
- AI-driven language processing workflows
- Cleanup of translation memory data
- Terminology management
At itl, we’re delighted at how corporate terminology work and appreciation of it continues to grow. Just take a look at the increasing number of companies who have established professional terminology management. They have understood that terms must be formalized right from the start and defined as a standard in their corporate language so that the positive impact of consistent terminology can bear fruit: the number of feedback loops is reduced, content is ready for publication more quickly, and ultimately, users and readers are happy because they don’t have to wonder why different terms are used for one and the same thing.
We’re here to help you get started with terminology management, clean up and maintain existing content, or integrate your terminology in new tools and systems. And with our training courses and workshops, we can expand your knowledge of what professional terminology management really means.
- Consulting services to help you get started with terminology management
- Development of a style guide for creating terminology in source and target languages
- Cleanup and maintenance of existing terminology
- Creation of customized terminology databases
- Development of multilingual terminology
- Integration of terminology databases in content management systems
- Custom workshops to optimize your terminology workflows
- Consulting workshop on workflows and cost-benefit analysis
- Consulting services to help you select and deploy your terminology solutions
- Terminology hosting
- Consistent corporate terminology as part of your brand identity
- Professional terminology management to boost the quality of your content while reducing the cost
- Rapid time to market
- A sustainable, seamless content supply chain from content creation to the end user
Translation is a highly technical business. That’s why it needs engineers with a deep understanding of the mechanics of translation software solutions, and who can update and maintain these tools and stay current with the latest developments. That’s why technologists have always been an integral part of our translation team. Now known as the Localization Engineering & Machine Translation team, they make a real difference. Multiple different input formats from the most diverse systems and software, as well as new tools and technologies ... No matter what the challenge, our language experts never lose their cool. In fact, they love crafting brand new solutions. And of course, our itl software developers are always on hand with great ideas too.
You can count on us to solve any problem in your translation workflow. You can rely on our Localization Engineering & Machine Translation team to seamlessly manage your localization projects, for example using machine translation or AI. We prepare all file formats to suit your system and support you during data migration.
- Seamless translation workflows for all standard file formats
- Technical infrastructure for all translation workflows using state-of-the-art technology
- Implementation of the latest research and development insights in language technology
- File preparation for streamlined translation workflows
- Post-processing of translated files in the target language
- Optimum leveraging of translation memory systems
- Machine translation: consulting services, training, and workflows
- AI for text and voice analyses
Formatting multilingual documents in a standardized layout for international use isn’t as easy as you might think. Usually, the master layout doesn’t take the specific features of different languages into consideration but provides a layout that has been created solely with the source text in mind. It’s only after translation, when the Chinese text turns out to be much shorter and the Russian text much longer than the original, that the esthetic design that your media team so carefully created to match your CI and CD unravels. Professional desktop publishing for international print and online publications ensures that the perfect look is preserved for your documents in all languages.
We are happy to take care of translations for your international texts in all standard file formats and any language. And we deliver your files print-ready to meet your specifications too.
If requested, we are also happy to align directly with your printing company to help streamline prepress activities.
- Consideration of the specific features of each language during layout
- Consideration of text flow, graphics, typography, and hyphenation in the target languages
- Adaptation of the layout of target languages to match source documents (also the same number of pages if required)
- Editing in all standard file formats such as
- MS Office suite
- Adobe suite
- Formal DTP review for quality control
- Organization of all prepress activities
- If requested, we can reach out to and align with your printing company
- Conversion for system or tool migration
- OCR/ICR scanning of legacy data
- Content creation
- Creation of print templates, postscript files, and composite PDFs
- Preparation of content for cross-media publishing, database publishing, and translations using CAT tools
- Creation of online help
- Resizing UI elements such as dialogs and buttons
- One-stop shop for print and online content in multiple languages
- Print-ready content in the same file format as the original source file
- Direct communication between itl and your printing company during prepress activities means less work for you